Transform learning and teaching from the physical classroom to the virtual classroom. This is enabled by technology for innovative opportunities that expand what, how, when and where students learn.
The LMS (Moodle based)…
- The Marco Polo Academy Online LMS is a secure, password‐protected learning environment which hosts teacher and student data both within Ontario and abroad.
- The LMS offers a suite of tools (e.g., ePortfolio, Dropbox, Discussions, Blog, Grades, Email, Rubrics, Quizzes, Surveys, Checklist, Content, Calendar) that can be used flexibly to support effective teaching and assessment practices.
- Accessible on Macs and PCs, and through various Internet browsers on desktops, laptops, tablets, and mobile devices (e.g., smartphones)
Students should have the following minimum requirements to access on Marco Polo Academy Online programs:
- A PC running Windows 10 or Mac running OS X or Chromebook running Chrome OS
- 2GB of RAM
- High speed internet connection
- A sound card with speakers or headphones that can be plugged into the computer
- A functional webcam and microphone Software
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe Shockwave
- Adobe Flash Player
- A typical Office Suite including a word processor application, equation editor and spreadsheets
- A scanner or phone/camera may be used to submit handwritten assignments.
- All-in-one multifunction printer with scanner
- A way to save work to a removable disk (flash drive, thumb drive, jump drive, or the capability to write to a CD or DVD)
- Mozilla Firefox4 or higher or
- Internet Explorer
- Google or Google Chrome
Virtual Learning Environment Tools…
- Marco Polo Academy offers full credit courses online using the secured LMS: www.mrcopoloacademyonline.com
- Each course addresses students’ learning needs and helps to prepare students for transitioning to grade 12 enrolment at the Greater Toronto Area Campus of Marco Polo Academy
- Each course requires the same number of hours as an equivalent in-class course
- Course Content is accessible only by the Course Teacher and the Principal…students are able to access the course once they have registered
- A log in and password will be issued once all fees have been paid.
- Grade 9, 10, 11 and 12 Ontario and International students can register and complete one full credit online course per semester (if they are in full time attendance at a local school)
- Students may register and complete more than one full credit course per semester with Marco Polo Academy with school permission.
- Currently we are offering three courses
- eLearning teachers are Ontario Certificated Teachers
- No grade 12 courses will be offered to International students outside of the GTA.
- Local students taking Grade 12 university level courses are required to have a face-to-face in-class written final exam.
- Adult learners can register and successfully complete online courses.